During the past two years we have started a robust campaign of using banners hung outside of our business as a way of promoting new sessions, special holidays, special events and just letting folks know what we offer. What we have found is that it not only promotes our business but it has help create sales! The key is to have them up continuously.
Now some of you may be thinking this is an old school formula and that it’s not effective anymore but I am here to tell you it does work. Old school or not. As business owners we understand that marketing comes in all shapes and sizes and formats. And if something can drive sales to your business you should and must us it! Or at least find a way to test it out. So here are a few things to consider.
Place the banners in a high traffic area. We have used these banners out side hung near the street which happens to be the main road in town. Since we are in a shopping center with other business this center attracts a very robust traffic path. Now you may not be on a main drag but find a spot around your business where there is best visibility and high traffic pattern flow. It’s possible you may have to find another creative way to get banners out there. You may want to consider testing out placing them in an area close to but not directly in front of your business.
Tips for success with banners.
1. Think of it as a mini billboard. Less is more with banners. Remember folks are driving by so if they look something has to hit their eye that says something quickly.
2. Bigger is better. Go as big as you can. Now you will have to find a way to affix it to a very stable structure. The size we have found to be really successful is anywhere from 8’ to 6’ wide by 4’ high.
3. Colors work! Use colors for background or go white with colored letters. The key here is to make it eye catching.
4. Pictures speak a thousand words. Use photos to make your sign pop.
5. Put your phone number and or website URL
6. Have them made with vinyl which is a stronger product for outdoor use.
7. Don’t use dates this way they can be used over and over again.
Depending on the size you can get these made up for a reasonable price. For one that was 8’ long by 4’ high the local Kinkos charged us $220.00 I had someone on Fiverr.com design them for $10 each. If you are not familiar with Fiverr you can create an account for free and once you are logged in type in the search bar banners and headers.
We also like to put these up on our website. If you use someone from Fiverr just let them know you also want to adjust the size for your website. They can tweak the sizing so you can use it on the web. If you would like to visit our studio website you can go to:www.dvaldaandsirico.com
Below are a few samples of that we have done.
These were all big winners generating lots of activity. Feel free to use the layout, color schemes and wording of any of these for your business.
The first one we used before the Holidays and sold gift certificates. This was a big winner.
The second one we used to start the New Year
The third one we used throughout the summer into the fall. This one alone produced 13 new students to register!
The last two we switched out on the months we didn’t use the other ones. Promoting dance classes one month and music lessons the next
All of these brought in traffic from people who saw the signs.