“Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it.” ~Dwight D. Eisenhower
Welcome back! Welcome back! Welcome back!! A new year is upon us everyone and studio owners, you must have been thinking over the last few weeks how to best motivate your students, faculty and yourself to stay excited and focused through the new year! As the owner, you are the ring-leader, the master of ceremonies, the chief, the director, the head coach…. and your team is going to look to you for the cue on where this year will take you all!
There are so many things to consider when maintaining motivation and it’s your time to reflect on everything that may have been successful and even not so successful last year to make a fresh start moving forward. Experience and hind-sight are two of our greatest indicators, so make the most of building on all of your accomplishments, take the lessons learned in stride and revamp, renew and re-energize to make this season even more successful than the last.
Remember even a business is like a work of art or piece of choreography; always a work-in-progress, so continue to plan, organize, develop, execute, edit, tweak and follow-through on what you know is best for your business to thrive and your dancers to succeed! Furthermore, you made great strides and put great effort into building the team around you to make this vision come alive, so let that staff and faculty do what they’re there to do…HELP YOU! No man is an island for sure and while you are the delegator in this studio, let that amazing faculty you’ve painstakingly assembled support your endeavors as well and share in that common goal along the way! Here are some things to think about and ask yourself as the year gets underway!
- How do you plan to kick-start your year?
- How will you motivate returning families and faculty and inspire new clients and new teachers?
- What social activities/get-togethers do you have in store for your “welcome back event?”
- What are your plans for the year ahead?
- What are the goals your wish to achieve?
- What were some of the things that worked really well last year? What are some things that need to change going forward?
- When are you having that welcome back “team meeting” with faculty and staff?
- When are you having that welcome back meeting with parents and students?
- Where would you like to see your student progress develop this year?
- How would you like to see the business aspect of your studio progress?
- What new additions would you like to try this year in terms of classes, performance, etc.?
See you in the dance studio,
Did You Know? Dance Teacher Web has 700+ videos, 100's of articles and lesson plans to help you stay fresh and current all year long. For the busy Dance Studio Owner, we offer fantastic articles on topics like marketing, how to get more student and increase revenue, business building seminars, sample ads and forms that will help you take your business to the next level. Think of us as your virtual Dance Teacher Conference.
Not yet a member? Click Here to Start Your 14-Day Full Access FREE Trial Today!