It's that time gain folks! Not only are we stoked to present our new website, but we are also so pumped to be back LIVE on the west coast in Las Vegas! With a week to go, we are in our final countdown to our annual Dance Teacher Web Conference & Expo, at the fabulous Redrock Resort & Casino! Join us August 1st-4th for what is sure to be the most knowledge, dance and info packed conference of the season!!
We are so excited to back at our home venue and can’t wait to bring you what is sure to be our best year yet! From a vast array of movement classes, business classes and endless events, there is something for every teacher and studio owner from around the world! With our talented, multi-faceted and eclectic faculty, there is no end to the professional development and inspiration you will acquire and bring back to your own students and studios! Led by our very own Angela D’Valda Sirico and Steve Sirico, we are certain this year’s conference and expo will be the one to beat!
To give you a glimpse into what you can expect, we chatted with co-director Steve Sirico about this year’s goodies!
1. How does it feel to bring the conference back to Vegas & be back at the Red Rock this year? We are so excited to be back in Vegas Baby! The energy is contagious and while we had a wonderful year last year at Foxwood's, this year promises to bring some new and exciting things for our attendees on the west coast!
2. What's new and different about this year's event? What can newcomers gain from it, and what can teachers/studio owners who frequent this event gain from it this year? We are very excited to have a wonderful event planned and this location offers some great, different options for attendees. We have an expo that features the top dance merchants in the world. Attendees can mix and match both movement classes and business classes. I have been told by our attendees that what makes us unique is that we offer curriculum for all levels. This way no matter what you teach from preschool to recreational or advanced we have classes that will give you great useable material. Plus our business seminars you won't find anywhere else. We are also ecstatic to mention our opening headliner for our opening masterclass is with 3 time Tony winner Kathleen Marshall and our closing masterclass is with Boradway Dancer and Choreographer Nick Kenkel.
3. Can participants sign up for a single day pass or just certain workshops/classes, or is it an all-inclusive package? Attendees can do a single day pass for $197.00 but they will miss out on so much if they do!
4. How many people generally attend your event, and where are they from? How can people register for the event? Is there a time frame/deadline to sign up? Last year we had 530 attendees and this year we anticipate close to 700. We have an early bird rate where attendees can save over $100 if they register by May 15th. We expect for our room block to sell-out as it has every year.
5. Please tell me about some of the faculty members who will be there this year, and also about some of the special workshops/classes that will be offered. We have an amazing lineup of master teacher and business professionals that attendees will not find anywhere else. It would take pages to talk about each one but some of the favorites include Aaron Turner, Leslie Scott, Jessica Rizzo-Stafford, Simone DePaolo and Matthew Powell. We have exclusive business seminars by Dr. Stu Steinman, Misty Lown, Robert Landau, Ashley Zimmerman and Joshua Olsen, to name a few. My wife Angela, Robert Landau and I will be presenting a can't miss pre conference seminar on "Goal Power: The Amazing Process of Creating and Realizing Any and Every Goal," which we are thrilled to present. This seminar is limited to only 50 participants and we only have about 10 spots left. Plus for the 4th year in a row we will be doing the Dance Teacher University Program with UNLV. This is a new and progressive teacher certification and we offer two levels. For more information I encourage your readers to visit www.danceteacheruniversity.org This really is a wonderful program that has been receiving rave reviews!
6. Who is LIVE geared toward (teachers, studio owners, parents, dancers, aspiring teachers/studio owners, etc.?) Our event is strictly for the dance professional and dance studio office staff. No students or parents. Our event is about giving back to the busy dance teacher, studio owner and dance studio business staff.
7. What's your favorite part about LIVE? What are you most looking forward to this year? We love connecting and reconnect with the teachers. It is great to see everyone network and build a lasting relationships with their peers. We have so much fun hearing about everyone's successes and if they have had issues as we can all brainstorm on how to make things better!
8. Is there anything else you'd like to add about Dance Teacher Web Live, or things you think readers should know about this year's event?
Dates: August 1st- 4th, 2016