By Jessica Rizzo-Stafford, Editor in Chief of DTW Blog, faculty member, & contributing writer for danceteacherweb.com
Getting young dancers to read is just as important as getting them moving at a young age to prompt an active lifestyle and energized mind. So why not combine these two great activities with some literature in dance?! Below are some of my favorite children’s books that will inspire your dancers and take them on a journey through the pages in these books as they leap into their next class!
Teachers and studio owners, these are also wonderful additions to your studio or class library as well!
1. Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andreae
2. Tallulah's Nutcracker by Marilyn Singer
3. Angelina Ballerina: A Dance of Friendship by Katherine Holabird
4. Flamenco Fantasy by Cynthis Ventrola Struven
5.Ella Bella Ballerina and Cinderella by James Mayhew
6. Dancing in the Wings by Debbie Allen
7. Degas and the Little Dancer by Laurence Anhoit
8. Frank was a Monster who wanted to Dance by Keith Graves
9.Vampirina Ballerina by Anne Marie Pace
10. Sugar Plum Ballerinas by Whoopie Goldberg