Things couldn't be worse. Things at the studio aren't going that great and to make matters worse, issues concerning your personal life aren't much better. You've been able to ride the mild turbulence that comes with running a studio thus far, it just seems that as of late, things are getting more intense and maintaining control is harder now to achieve. In fact, you can't remember the last time you got a good eight hours of sleep. So what do you do now?
What would you do if you found yourself in this situation? It's not even necessary to know the particulars because whatever they are, your reaction to them is what's more important. So, what would you do? You actually don't have too many choices when it comes to answering this question. You either choose not to deal with things only to let them get worse, or you decide enough is enough and do what it takes to get over the current hump.
If you ever happen to find yourself in this position having to make this choice, I would encourage you to chose the latter option. Your health and well-being on the job and off should always be your main concern. And, by the way, there's nothing selfish in assuming this type of thought process. So many studio owners put their studio first and I can understand why they would select this option. Here's the problem with that; if you put other things before yourself, you eventually won't be able to deal with all those other things because various parts of you will eventually force you to deal with yourself first. Your health and everything having to do with 'you' will never go smoothly if you aren't paying attention to what you are thinking and feeling about yourself first.
Consider the possibility that life around you mirrors your life within. The old adage that states that what you feel and think within is exactly what happens to you without certainly does carry some weight here. So here's what I would suggest if you find that your outside world is getting a little too intense to handle;
1. Acknowledge that things are getting a little out of control. Being aware of what's going on and admitting it is more than half the battle. Denial is something that only backfires on the person that is electing to think that way. Remember, everything in life is a choice. You have so much more power on a positive note that you often realize or give yourself credit for. Acknowledging this is a choice you choose make.
2. Sit down with yourself and figure out how you're going to make things better. Doing this right away and not "tomorrow", moves you closer to a resolution. It's when we put things off that issues become worse. To make this process easier on yourself, figure out what the top three things that need to be done to resolve situations would be and then, hold yourself accountable to getting those very same things completed. What day, date and time will these things be resolved? Write it down and keep yourself and your staff to it. Again, it's always a choice you make. You are a leader. Do you know how to lead? I say "yes". We are all natural leaders. That's what humans are. It's when we forget that we each have the capability that issues start to occur. Deep within you always know what the right choices are. It's up to you to make them.
3. Don't get attached to the emotion that a situation carries. Also, getting attached to its' outcome is just as unhealthy. Do everything you can to make things right and then, let go. You've done everything you can to get things pointed in the right direction. All you need to do now is continue to be positive and see the Light at the end of the tunnel. Surrender to the fact that you've done everything you can and let things resolve on their own. If you keep your energy focused on the outcome of any situation and worry less about how you're going to get there, you just might be surprised at how things resolve themselves without you having to force or control things to the smallest detail.
4. Trust, have faith and surrender. Those are very powerful words that carry very powerful vibrations to them. They are tools that are always available to you to use appropriately.
5. Care enough about yourself to always strive to make things better. If you think about it, this is a wonderful mantra to adopt. Saying things like, "I love myself and care enough to always make things better". Saying and more important, believing things like this, as often as possible clears the way for all storm clouds to clear once again making way for the clear blue sky that you always are.
Things get tough sometimes. It happens to all of us and we're only human. It's when we forget ourselves to the point that we let other people and situations control us that our ship begins to sink. Only you can sail your ship exactly where it needs to go. Giving yourself a chance to do just that makes all the difference in the world, inside and out! Can you do it? I think so...how about you?