As a Dance Studio Owner, did you know that you are 97% more likely to achieve your goals if you write them down?
In fact, some motivational speakers and experts quote a study conducted at Harvard or Yale where 3% of the graduating students wrote down their goals. It has been claimed that 20 years later the same 3% had more net worth than the remaining 97% combined. This is often cited as truth, but in fact, the study never happened. The lesson here? Even so-called experts often get the facts dead wrong. Whether the study is fact or fiction, the truth is that goal setting is important. In fact, without goal setting you may never achieve the dreams of your heart.
Every person in the world devotes countless hours to thinking of their future and their present situation in life. Almost everyone wishes that there was something that they could change in their life. Whether you dream of a new car, a boat, or having a bigger business, goal setting is the important catalyst to your success. So let’s get started because in this article you will learn the fundamentals of goal setting, which begins with - How to choose the RIGHT goals to focus on.
Many of us are great at trying to set goals; most of us are practically incapable of following through with them. Think about it. How many times have you decided on a course of action and simply didn’t follow through with it? That is pretty much the norm for most people. Sometimes even setting goals at all is the harder part of accomplishing any. The easiest way of looking at this is to think of each and every New Year. What is the biggest topic of conversation every year on New Year’s Eve? It’s actually the resolutions. However, most of us will only keep our resolutions for a short time. With each passing day and week, fewer and fewer of us stick to our plans – our goals! Sometimes setting goals alone is not the only problem that you must face. Sometimes, choosing the right goals to begin with is harder.
Basically, you can choose to work towards any goal that you feel is necessary for your health, stability and happiness. Goal setting is nothing more than a formal process for personal planning. By setting goals on a routine basis you decide what you want to achieve, and then move in a step-by-step manner towards the achievement of these goals. The process of setting goals and targets allows you to choose where you want to go in life. By knowing exactly what you want to achieve, you know what you have to concentrate on to do it.
Goal setting is a standard technique used by professional athletes, successful business people and high achievers in all fields. It gives you long term vision and provides you with short term motivation. It helps to focus your attention and knowledge which helps you to organize your resources. By setting sharp and clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals. You can see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless effort. By setting goals, you will also raise your self confidence, as you recognize your ability to meet the goals that you have set. The process of achieving goals and seeing this achievement gives you confidence that you will be able to achieve higher and more difficult goals later on.
Goals are set on a number of different levels. In the first place, you decide what you want to do with your life and what large scale goals you want to achieve. Second, you break these down into the smaller aims that you must hit so that you reach your overall lifetime goals. Finally, once you have your plan, you start working towards achieving it.